Easy Pesto with Beans — Recipes — Plantiful Coach
Pesto fans, rejoice! Here’s an easy blender-friendly recipe! It’s vegan, but packed with flavour and a cheesy tang. It’s quick and easy, and you can use whatever fresh herbs you have on hand: I used parsley, basil and coriander. No cheese necessary, because nutritional yeast packs a cheesy flavour punch.
- 1/4 cup almonds or sunflower seeds, ground
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup white beans
- 1 cup basil, parsley and/or coriander mixed, total 1 cup
- 1 tsp dried thyme or 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water
- Put the almonds (or sunflower seeds) in the blender along with the garlic and beans.
- Pulse a few times, scraping down in between.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and blend until smooth, adjusting the water as needed and scraping down in between.
- Pour into a jar and store in the fridge.
Originally published at https://plantifulcoach.com on August 28, 2020.