Gnocchi with Oyster Mushrooms — Recipes — Plantiful Coach
I got an oyster mushroom growing kit as a gift (thanks mom!) and it was quite exciting to wake up each morning to see how much it had grown. It even attracted a little spider-friend to live in the village of gill-caps, so cute!
Four days later, they were ready to be harvested. So I took some gnocchi I had on hand and made a quick and easy dish full of umami and very satisfying.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 300 g oyster mushrooms (shredded)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup vegan cream (e.g. soy or cashew)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 package gnocchi
- Over medium heat in a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add the onion, mushrooms and thyme, and saute until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring salted water to the boil. Once it’s boiling add the gnocchi (according to package instructions).
- Add the vegetable stock and vegan cream to the mushroom mix, and stir.
- As soon as the gnocchi floats to surface of the water, drain it and at it to the mushrooms.
- Stir to coat, and cook for a couple more minutes before serving.
Originally published at https://plantifulcoach.com on January 8, 2021.