Vegan Greek Salad — Recipes — Plantiful Coach
A Greek salad is just not the same without the feta. You could make your own from scratch (there are recipes based on tofu, or almonds) but that’s a mission.
And why bother when you can buy it ready made? I used the dairy-free feta cheese from Violife, which is beautifully creamy with a slight tang, and brings a lovely richness to a simple fresh salad of tomato, cucumber, red onion and Kalamata olives, with olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and sea salt 🥗
I’m told that the correct way to serve an authentic Greek salad is with a thick slab of feta on top — yes please!
- 4 medium Roma tomatoes (sliced into wedges)
- 1 medium English cucumber (halved, then sliced)
- ½ medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 200 g Kalamata olives (not pitted)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano (plus extra)
- sea salt (to taste)
- 120 g vegan feta cheese (thickly sliced)
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and olives to a salad bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil and red wine vinegar over the salad, and add the oregano and a couple pinches of salt (to taste).
- Toss everything together, then add the vegan feta on top.
- Sprinkle a little extra oregano on top before serving.
Originally published at https://plantifulcoach.com on December 30, 2020.